New Haven Workplace Injury Lawyer
Workplace accidents are declining in the United States, but they still happen quite often. More than 2 million people are injured in the workplace every year. Fatalities have also decreased, at just under 5,000 deaths per year.
But even though accidents are decreasing, you still need to be aware of your surroundings when you’re at work. Even when your employer provides adequate training and you do what you can to stay safe, you can still get injured.
Make sure you know the next steps. You need experience on your side. A New Haven workplace injury lawyer from Morizio Law Firm, P.C. can help you through the process.
What Are Common Workplace Injuries?
Many injuries can happen in the workplace. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Slips, trips, and falls. These accidents are some of the most common. Icy and wet floors can cause workers to slip. Unprotected holes and clutter can cause trips. Workers can fall from ladders or roofs. Being aware of your surroundings can prevent slips, trips, and falls.
- Overexertion and muscle strains. Doing the same thing over and over can lead to muscle strains, which can be very painful. Common causes include jumping, lifting heavy objects, typing, and performing micro tasks. Frequent breaks can prevent overexertion.
- Struck by equipment or objects. Many workplaces, such as construction sites and factories, have a lot of equipment and objects that are used. This can cause a worker to get injured by falling tools, poorly guarded machinery, body parts stuck in gears, being pushed into a hard surface, and walking into machinery. Head injuries, broken bones, and severed limbs are common.
- Exposure to harmful substances. Many workers are exposed to chemicals by performing cleaning duties. They can suffer chemical burns and other injuries to their skin, eyes, ears, and lungs. These workers should protect themselves by using personal protective equipment such as goggles and gloves.
- Workplace violence. Stress and tension often mount in the workplace. This can cause workers to lash out at each other. This can lead to verbal abuse and even physical assault. Sometimes even weapons such as guns and knives are involved. Injuries don’t always have to happen by people. Animals can also cause injuries. This can happen on farms, in veterinary offices, and in zoos. Staying alert and looking for changes in behavior can be helpful.
Contact Morizio Law Firm, P.C. Today
Workplace injuries are no laughing matter. While some are minor and may heal quickly, there are many that are severe in nature, requiring extensive treatment and taking months or years for recovery.
See how Morizio Law Firm, P.C. can help you move on from a workplace accident. Have questions about the process? Our board-certified lawyer can provide you with the answers you need. To schedule a consultation with a New Haven workplace injury lawyer, call our office at 475) 338-3505.