Stratford Disk Protrusion Lawyer
Nerve Pain From A Disk Protrusion Work Injury?
Disk protrusions, or bulging disks, occur because of a breakdown of cartilage between the vertebrae. Not only can this condition impinge upon the spinal cord or a nerve root, causing pain at the site of impingement, but usually weakness, numbness, muscle spasms and tingling in the extremities are felt as well. Diagnosis and treatment are critical, but obtaining needed compensation can be difficult.
Throughout Connecticut, Morizio Law Firm, P.C., is a trusted resource for workers’ compensation claims that involve neck and back injuries of all kinds. We take the time to explain the law and explore all of your options, and we are committed to fighting for maximum compensation. Contact our Stratford disk protrusion lawyers today to schedule a free consultation to learn more.
Disk protrusions often require extensive treatment that is costly and painful. Prescribed methods of treatment include:
- Rest: By continuing to put strain on your back or neck by sitting, standing, twisting, bending and lifting for prolonged periods, you exacerbate the condition and can cause further injury. Medical professionals often prescribe bed rest or very limited activity to give the back a chance to heal.
- Medication: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory and other types of over-the-counter or prescription medications will combat pain and inflammation at the site of the disk protrusion.
- Epidural steroid injections: Injections distribute medication directly to or near the site of nerve impingement, helping to reduce inflammation and pain around the area.
- Physical therapy: In many cases, physical therapy will help people learn proper techniques for stretching and strengthening back muscles.
- Chiropractic therapy: Seeing a chiropractor, a specialist in spinal manipulation, may be an effective treatment for back and neck pain in addition to seeing other medical professionals.
Following a doctor’s plan of action is critical to recovery. We can help you find appropriate medical professionals to work with and properly notify your employer of the limitations you now face.
Contact Our Experienced Stratford Back Injury Lawyers
When injuries happen while you are working, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Our Bridgeport/Stratford, Connecticut, injury lawyers are adept at obtaining fair and just settlements or, if necessary, trial court awards. The skill of a personal injury lawyer makes a big difference in obtaining compensation. To speak with an experienced Connecticut attorney, contact Morizio Law Firm, P.C., today to schedule a free consultation. Call our firm at 475-338-3505 or send us an email.