Bridgeport Workplace Accident Lawyer
We expect that we will be safe when we go to work, but this is not always the case. Workplace accidents can happen anywhere and at any time, but they are more common in certain industries, such as construction, fishing, logging, and industrial.
No matter who causes your workplace accident, you can file a claim for workers’ compensation. Even if you were at fault, you can receive compensation for medical bills and lost wages, as long as you did not disobey the rules of your workplace or engage in illegal activity at the time of your accident.
Need help with the claims process? Wonder if you are eligible? Seek legal help from a Bridgeport workplace accident lawyer from Morizio Law Firm, P.C. Our board-certified lawyer can assist you. Contact us today to get started.
Slips, Trips, and Falls in the Workplace
One of the most common ways in which people get injured is by slips and falls. Many happen in the construction industry due to ladders, roofs, and scaffoldings. Statistics show that 20% of falls on the same level are from trips, while 13% are from slips. When a worker falls to a lower level, it is caused by an existing opening in 11% of cases.
Slips, trips, and falls can happen in a number of ways. Even if you think your workplace is not at risk, you still need to be vigilant. Some common causes include slippery surfaces, spills, obstructions, broken equipment, and areas with a lack of safety signage.
Preventing Workplace Accidents
Workplace accidents happen all the time. While employees can be proactive and take action when necessary, employers must also do their part. Here are some things they can do to keep everyone safe.
- Have regular safety briefings and mandate that employees take safety training.
- Make sure there is proper lighting installed throughout the working area to create a well-lit and visible environment so that employees can avoid accidents.
- Use adequate signage to communicate safety hazards such as spills, toxic materials, or obstacles.
- Regularly check highly trafficked areas for spills and other safety hazards.
- Clean up spills as soon as possible after they happen.
- Make sure employees are wearing appropriate safety equipment, such as fall protection and goggles, as well as attire that can help with accident prevention, such as hard hats and slip-resistant shoes.
Contact Morizio Law Firm, P.C. Today
The workplace is not always safe. Heavy machinery, motor vehicles, electricity, heights, slips and falls, and other hazards can cause a person to suffer serious or fatal injuries. These accidents can be stressful for both employees and employers.
No matter where you work, if you have been injured while performing job duties, you are entitled to compensation. Contact a board-certified lawyer from Morizio Law Firm, P.C. to guide you through the claims process. We understand workers’ compensation inside and out. Call our office at 475-338-3505 to schedule a free consultation with a Bridgeport workplace accident lawyer.