Greenwich Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Injuries can happen anywhere, even in the seemingly safest of work environments. When an accident happens, it can be frustrating. What happens next? Who do you contact? How do you get the compensation you need to pay for all your damages?
The workers’ compensation process can be daunting. Working with insurance companies is never easy. It’s possible that your claim could be denied for a variety of reasons. Where do you turn for help?
The right legal representation can make all the difference. Choose someone who has a lot of experience with these claims. A Greenwich workers’ compensation lawyer from Morizio Law Firm, P.C. can help you understand the process.
Does My Employer Have Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
In order to receive compensation for a workplace accident, your employer must have workers’ compensation insurance. Legally, any business with one or more employees must provide workers’ compensation benefits. It does not matter if the workers are part-time, full-time, or temporary.
There are some exceptions, though. A household employee who works under 26 hours per week does not need workers’ compensation coverage. Neither does an independent contractor, business owner, or sole proprietor.
What to Do After a Workplace Accident
If you were injured at work, you’ll need to be proactive if you want to receive workers’ compensation benefits in a timely manner. Follow these steps:
- Report the accident to your supervisor or manager. Make sure you do this before you leave the office.
- See a doctor right away. Get a thorough medical evaluation. Keep all records and bills associated with your treatment.
- Document the accident and injury. Take photos of the accident scene, as well as any injuries. Get names and contact information of any witnesses. Keep track of your medical treatment.
- Fill out any forms that you receive from your employer. They may be required in order for you to receive your benefits in a timely manner.
- Continue to follow doctors’ orders, even if you start to feel better. If you deviate from your doctor’s orders, you could lose out on your benefits, especially if your condition worsens. So always follow your treatment plan unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Speak with a workers’ compensation attorney. If things aren’t going well or you want to switch doctors, it may be in your best interests to hire a lawyer. A competent lawyer can assess your case and help you understand your legal rights. A lawyer can ensure you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to receive.
Contact Morizio Law Firm, P.C. Today
It can be hard to know what to do after a workplace accident. Make sure you follow the proper steps so you can get the compensation you deserve.
Morizio Law Firm, P.C. can help you with the claims process. Our board-certified lawyer can help you get approval and full compensation for your injuries. To schedule a consultation with a Greenwich workers’ compensation lawyer, call our office at 475-338-3505.