Norwalk Workplace Accident Lawyer
When it comes to performing your work duties, you should follow one rule: safety first. Workplace accidents happen all the time, but they are no small thing. A workplace accident can be serious in nature, affecting not only your career, but your entire life.
If you have been affected, be sure to file a workers’ compensation claim right away to ensure your legal rights are protected. Make sure you receive everything you are entitled to receive. Don’t leave money on the table. A Norwalk workplace accident lawyer from Morizio Law Firm, P.C. can help you get the benefits you deserve. Contact our board-certified lawyer today to see how we can help.
Common Workplace Accidents
Some common types of workplace accidents include the following:
- Construction accidents. Work-related accidents are common in the construction industry, as there are many elements involved. They may be caused by heavy lifting, falls, falling objects, equipment failure, and ladder accidents. They can cause any number of injuries.
- Machinery accidents. It’s not uncommon for construction and factory workers to get injured by machinery. Workers can get body parts such as fingers, hands, and arms stuck in machinery. Amputations, crush injuries, and blindness can occur. Workers can also get hit by machinery, such as tractors and heavy equipment. Proper operator training is necessary to avoid these types of accidents.
- Lifting heavy objects can cause strain to muscles, particularly in the back. Conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome and tendinitis can also occur, especially due to computer work. It’s important to stretch and exercise before engaging in heavy lifting.
- Slips, trips, and falls. Spills, weather conditions, clutter, poor lighting, cables, and changes in levels can result in slips, trips, and falls. These accidents can cause head trauma, broken bones, back injuries, and more.
- Construction sites, warehouses, restaurants, and the manufacturing industries are common sites for burns. Burns can vary from minor to severe and require skin grafts and surgeries to treat.
- Employees can get cut and punctured in a number of ways. Knives, equipment, machines, tools, animals, and even plants can cause lacerations of varying severity. While many of these injuries can be treated with simple first aid, some require stitches and even surgery.
- Fires and explosions. Faulty gas lines, combustibles, and open flames can cause burns and disfigurement. There are four types of blasts that can occur and they can affect the body in various ways.
Contact Morizio Law Firm, P.C. Today
Workplace accidents can happen in any industry and in a variety of ways. It’s important to always be vigilant and look for hazards in your area while working.
But even when you are being safe, accidents can still occur. Get the help you need from Morizio Law Firm, P.C. Our board-certified lawyer can help you get the most compensation for your workplace injuries. Schedule a consultation with a Norwalk workplace accident lawyer by calling 475-338-3505.