Stamford Workplace Accident Lawyer
Workplace accidents are common in many industries, such as construction. But the truth is that these accidents can happen anywhere, any time. Even if you work in an environment that is seemingly safe, such as an office, you can still get injured. You can even get injured while working from home. That’s why proper safety is key.
A workplace accident can affect not only your career, but your entire life. There’s a lot at stake. Make sure your legal rights are protected. A Stamford workplace accident lawyer from Morizio Law Firm, P.C. can assist you with your case and help you get the benefits you deserve.
Common Workplace Accidents
Here are some of the more common types of workplace accidents that can occur:
- Construction accidents. The construction industry has a high rate of work-related accidents. They may be caused by lifting, ladder and scaffolding accidents, structure collapses, falling objects, equipment failure, falls from roofs or other heights, heavy machinery accidents, fires, electrocutions, and toxic exposure.
- Industrial accidents. Industrial settings like factories and warehouses are common locations for work-related accidents. Workers in these settings face a variety of hazards, including heavy machinery, dangerous chemicals, and extreme conditions.
- Accidents involving heavy machinery. Construction and industrial workers face a lot of dangers such as heavy machinery. Air compressors, forklifts, power hammers, hydraulic presses, drill presses, belt grinders, band saws, and lathes can all cause serious accidents and injuries.
- Slip and fall accidents. Wet floors, ice, snow, clutter, ladders, and stairs can cause workers to slip, trip, and fall. These accidents can result in serious and even life-threatening injuries such as broken bones and injuries to the head, brain, back, or spinal cord.
- Motor vehicle accidents. It is possible for employees to get into a vehicle accident while on the job. In these cases, you can pursue a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury claim against the negligent driver. Contact a lawyer for a thorough investigation.
- Offshore and maritime accidents. Maritime employees may be injured while onshore or offshore. Oil rig accidents, fires, explosions, collisions, and cargo issues are all common and can lead to serious injuries.
- Fatal accidents. In the worst case scenario, a person can get killed in a workplace accident. Fortunately, widows and children may be able to receive benefits through a workers’ compensation claim. Make sure you get the survivors’ benefits you are entitled to receive so you can move on with your life and pay for funeral costs and other expenses associated with your loved one’s death.
Contact Morizio Law Firm, P.C. Today
Workplace accidents can happen in a variety of ways. If you have been involved in one, make sure you get the benefits you deserve.
Morizio Law Firm, P.C. can help you get the most compensation for your workplace injuries. Our board-certified lawyer will guide you through the process. To schedule a consultation with a Stamford workplace accident lawyer, call our office at 475-338-3505.