Fairfield Workplace Accident Lawyer
When you go to work, there’s a possibility you could get into a workplace accident. While any type of work is at risk, there are certain factors that increase your risk. For example, the construction and maritime industries are high-risk. Industrial accidents are common. Slips and falls and accidents involving heavy machinery are also very common. So are those involving motor vehicles such as cars, trucks, tractors, and forklifts.
Sadly, many workplace accidents are also fatal. These accidents can be challenging, especially when there are survivors such as spouses and young children who depended on the victim’s income. You’ll need help pursuing appropriate compensation after your loss.
Count on a Fairfield workplace accident lawyer from Morizio Law Firm, P.C. to help you get the compensation you deserve. Schedule a consultation to obtain physical and financial recovery today.
Types of Workplace Accidents
There are many types of accidents that can occur in the workplace. They include the following:
- Slip and falls. Slips and falls are some of the most common accidents. They are often caused by wet and icy floors, but can also be caused by poor lighting, stairs, cords, and other debris.
- Too much pulling, pushing, lifting, and holding can lead to overexertion injuries. These injuries are often cumulative but can also occur in a single incident. Overexertion can lead to lasting physical harm such as chronic joint pain and lower back injuries.
- Falls from heights. Falls are a serious issue. They’re a top cause of worker deaths in the construction industry. Construction workers face the risk of falling from roofs, ladders, scaffolding, stairways, and other elevated surfaces.
- Construction workers also face a high risk of electrocution-related injuries, since they tend to work around cords or wires. Faulty electrical outlets, power lines, and underground cables can also lead to electrocution.
- Motor vehicle accidents. Workers who spend their days around moving vehicles face a high risk of getting hurt in a crash. For instance, a worker on a construction site could get hit by a tractor. People who drive as part of their jobs are exposed to negligent drivers and inclement weather, which can also lead to crashes.
- Struck by and struck against objects. Getting hit by an object, piece of machinery, or a person can cause head trauma, broken bones, and other serious injuries. A person can also get pushed into a wall, vehicle, window, or other hard object, causing serious injuries to the head, neck, feet, and knees. Many of these injuries are caused by distractions, so workers need to watch where they are going.
Contact Morizio Law Firm, P.C. Today
Workplace accidents can happen in a number of ways. Even those who work in offices can get injured.
If you have been affected, seek legal help from Morizio Law Firm, P.C. Our board-certified lawyer can assist you through the workers’ compensation claim process. Don’t leave any money on the table. Get the compensation you need for physical recovery. Call 475-338-3505 to schedule a free consultation with a Fairfield workplace accident lawyer.