Fairfield Workplace Injury Lawyer
Even with safety measures in place, the workplace is never 100% safe. Employee or employer negligence can lead to unsafe work environments that can lead to serious injuries. Whether you suffered an immediate injury or have trauma from cumulative injuries such as repetitive stress, you need to ensure you get workers’ compensation benefits to help you pay for lost wages, medical expenses, and other damages.
A Fairfield workplace injury lawyer from Morizio Law Firm, P.C. can determine if your injury qualifies for workers’ compensation benefits. Schedule a consultation to protect your legal rights.
Common Workplace Injuries
An unsafe work environment can cause a variety of injuries, including the following:
- Back and spine injury. These injuries are often painful and debilitating. It is not uncommon for them to end a person’s career. Back and spine injuries can happen due to falls, crush injuries, slips and falls, and vehicle accidents.
- Brain injury. These injuries are also life-changing. There are several types of brain injuries that range from mild to severe. They are often caused by a blow to the head and may require long-term medical treatment.
- Neck injury. Slips and falls and vehicle accidents can cause debilitating neck injuries. These accidents can result in bulging discs, herniated discs, and protruding discs. These injuries may result in extensive medical treatment such as surgeries and physical therapy.
- Shoulder injury. Shoulders are involved in almost every physical activity. As such, rotator cuff tears are common. These injuries can be painful and cause significant damage to the shoulder over time. Falls and overuse can cause this injury.
- Wrist and elbow injury. Carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, torn ligaments, and fractures can make it difficult to do your job. Because your wrists and elbows are used to perform a variety of jobs, it can be hard to return to work after such an injury.
- Knee and leg injury. The knees and legs are very fragile. Dislocations and torn ligaments and muscles are common. A strain or fall can cause a lot of pain as well as mobility issues.
- Repetitive stress injury. Repetitive movement and overuse can cause a stress injury to muscles and other parts of the body. Carpal tunnel syndrome, tendinitis, rotator cuff injuries, and back and knee injuries are common. These injuries can cause swelling, pain, and mobility issues.
- Mental injury. A catastrophic injury such as a burn or amputation can leave a victim with depression and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). A workplace shooting or other act of violence can also leave a person with emotional and psychological issues. Getting compensation for these injuries is possible but difficult.
Contact Morizio Law Firm, P.C. Today
An accident at work can result in a variety of injuries. Any body part can be affected and the injuries can range from minor to severe. Some are catastrophic and even disabling. Then there are injuries that result in death.
Injured at work? Contact Morizio Law Firm, P.C. right away. Our board-certified lawyer can help you with physical and financial recovery. Schedule a free consultation today. Call 475-338-3505 to speak with a Fairfield workplace injury lawyer.